As I have progressed through my EdD my ways of working have got a little smarter. There are four apps that have served me well in 2012 for supporting my studies …
1. Reminders (so in the hours where I have too much to do I can remember what they were!)
2. Good Reader – managing my online library downloads and annotating my reading without reams of paper. By far the best reading app I have found (still).
3. Good notes – high levels of functionality, a great jotter and annotator – good for generating diagrams and mapping out thoughts.
4. Splashtop – allows my desktop (including Endnote) to be fully functional from my ipad or phone. Excellent when not wanting to be stuck at my desk.
Two more fab apps (not study related) for 2012 have been
5. Screenchomp – Jing for the ipad – great for audio visual feedback for students and again this means there is no need to be desk bound.
6. Spelling – my best parenting app! So the kids can input the spelling list for the week and then run the tests until the spellings stick. Very motivational for kids who hate spelling.