I am an Educational Developer at Harper Adams University, Shropshire, where my role covers:
- Academic staff development
- Course managing and teaching our PgC in Teaching & Supporting Learning in Higher Education
- Management of the e-learning department
- Organaniation of our annual Learning & Teaching Conference (do contact me if you wish to contribute)
- Curriculum development
- Teaching research methods
- And … a varied mix of ed dev projects
I am a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, a CMALT holder and assessor and I sit on the Editorial Board of both Interactive Learning Environments and Higher Education Skills and Work Based Learning. I have a first degree in Education Studies & Geography with Mathematics, a secondary school teaching qualification (teaching Geography and Mathematics) and a Doctorate in Higher Education from The University of Liverpool. Before working at Harper Adams, I was based in Ultralab and latterly the Faculty of Education at Anglia Ruskin.
Apart from being interested in all things educational and techie, I enjoy a busy family life, a bit of baking, photography and occasional squash.